Like freebies? Read on to find out how you can get your free paperback of Rebirth.
Many of you know how important reviews are to authors. Especially those on Amazon.
In order for me to get a few more reviews and get bumped up in the almighty Amazon algorithms, I need your help. My publisher and I are offering a few copies of Rebirth to those willing to review for us. That’s it. We send you Rebirth for free, you write a review on Amazon and wherever else you can think of, like Goodreads or Barnes and Noble, send us the links, and everyone’s happy.
Who wouldn’t want to get in on that?
All you have to do is message on my Facebook author page: AmyBrockMcNewAuthor, with your address. When you’ve devoured it, review away and send me the links in a message. If you love it, fabulous. Rave about it. If not, then get it out of your system. I want to know.
I will post here and on Facebook when we’ve given out all the copies we have reserved. Don’t miss out!
Sizzling hot Urban Fantasy, Supernatural, and Paranormal summer reads for a steal!
L2L2 Publishing is offering amazing deals on some of the hottest books of the year! Every title you see here is on sale for only $1.99 in e-book format!
Plus, you can pre-order Michele Israel Harper’s latest novel, Zombie Takeover, set to release July 12th, at the same low price.
These prices won’t last forever. Get your copies now!
Zombie Takeover: http://amzn.to/1Yo9yUf
Rebirth: Book One of the Reluctant Warrior Chronicles is now available for preorder!
“An action-packed tale of classic good versus evil from the depths of human despair and heights of God’s grace. Filled with romance, betrayal, love, loss and ultimate triumph.”
—Tosca Lee, New York Times bestselling author of Legend of Sheba
“With crisp writing, relentless action, and breathless stakes, Amy Brock McNew’s Rebirth will grab readers from the first page and keep them riveted until the last. Liz Brantley is sure to claim a spot on the list of favorite kick-butt heroines right alongside Black Widow and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Fans of gritty urban fantasy won’t want to miss this ride!”
—Evangeline Denmark, author of Curio
“An intriguing debut from a fresh new voice that merges the spiritual and the supernatural, creating an inventive Christian Fantasy in the style of Peretti and Myers. Plus, there’s a bossy angel and a kick-butt heroine with a sword, folks!”
—Rachel A. Marks, author of Darkness Brutal
Don’t wait! The special preorder ebook price of $2.99 will go up to $4.99 the day after the launch party. Order your copy now.
~The L2L2 Publishing Team
Liz Brantley has a gift she wants to return.
Able to see and fight demonic forces, she has spent her life alone, battling the minions of hell bent on her destruction, running from the God who gave her this curse. Drawn to her abilities, the demon Markus unleashes havoc on her hometown and pulls Liz further into the throes of battle.
She’s desperate for a normal life.
When she meets a mysterious man who seems unaware of the mystical realm that haunts her, the life she’s always wanted moves within reach. But her slice of normal slips from her grasp when an old flame, Ryland Vaughn, reappears with secrets of his own. Secrets that will alter her destiny.
Torn between two worlds, Liz is caught in an ancient war between good and evil.
And she isn’t sure which side to choose.
Want to win a Reluctant Warrior Chronicles T-Shirt? Click here to enter for a chance to win. Winner will be drawn at random from all entries. Contest opens April 15, 2016 and ends April 30, 2016.
Rebirth: Book One of The Reluctant Warrior Chronicles
It’s finally here! I’m stoked beyond belief to be able to share this with you. This book has been a beautiful and challenging journey. It is my guts on the page. My heart, soul, and too many pieces of me to count are in this book. A little less than two months and you can join in the adventure. Until then, I present to you the cover of Rebirth, and a peek at the story.
Rebirth : Book One of the Reluctant Warrior Chronicles
Amy Brock McNew
Release Date: May 24, 2016
Liz Brantley has a gift she wants to return. Able to see and fight demonic forces, she has spent her life alone, battling the minions of hell bent on her destruction, running from the God who gave her this curse. Drawn to her abilities, the demon Markus unleashes havoc on her hometown and pulls Liz further into the throes of battle.
Desperate for a normal life, she’s intrigued by a mysterious man who seems to know nothing of the mystical realm that haunts her. But her slice of normal slips from her grasp when an old flame, Ryland Vaughn, reappears with secrets of his own. Secrets that could devastate her.
Torn between two worlds, Liz is caught in an ancient war between good and evil. And she isn’t sure which side to choose. Will Liz be able to defeat her personal demons? Or will she embrace them?
Today we are thrilled to interview Amy Brock McNew. Join us as we learn more about Rebirth: Book One of the Reluctant Warrior Chronicles and, more importantly, the author herself. Let’s get started!
We are so excited to have you on the blog today, Amy! Tell us a little more about your soon-to-be-released novel, Rebirth. How did you start writing the Reluctant Warrior Chronicles?
- I’ve been writing all my life, pretty much. Songs, poems, short stories. I have several articles in local publications. But I’d always wanted to write a novel. It wasn’t until after I started having back problems and had to give up my job as a nurse that I finally decided to write a book. No more excuses, you know? I wanted to write something that wouldn’t just entertain, but would help people too. To use my rather dark past to reach out to young women especially. But I didn’t want to write a memoir. I love speculative fiction (putting it mildly!), it intrigues and challenges me, so I knew I’d go the paranormal/supernatural route. I decided to bring the spiritual world into the physical realm, making internal struggles external, and mix it with my personal experiences. The idea took on a life of its own!
Do you have any writing rituals?
- Well, I’m OCD, literally, so yeah, I do! Music is number one. I can write on my laptop, my Surface, even my phone, no big deal, but I have to have my tunes. If I’m home, I crank up the stereo. If not, earbuds are my best friend. Once I have my music, I usually grab either coffee or a cherry vanilla Coke. Then I settle in a comfy seat and get busy. It doesn’t really matter where I am, as long as I have those things.
Wow, so music is huge for you! What do you listen to while you write? Do you have one big playlist or several?
- I’ve been a singer and played piano all my life. In fact, the first thing I ever wrote was a song. Music is in my soul, so it shapes and informs my writing. I listen to a rather eclectic variety of tunes, from classical to hard rock, to Christian metal, to country, to orchestral numbers. Some of my faves are RED, Tremonti, Two Steps From Hell, The Rigs, Fireflight, The Protest, and Audiomachine. I have several playlists. For each main character, the main couple, certain types of scenes. Each chapter title in TRWC is a song title, a song that encapsulates the mood of the chapter. For me, writing and music are inseparable.
Love that! “Writing and music are inseparable.” What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever received?
- Two pieces of advice guide me. First: Get your characters stuck up in a tree, then throw rocks at them. The bigger the rocks, the better. And I follow that. I’m horrible to my characters! The second is a quote from Anton Checkhov. “Don’t tell me the moon is shining, show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Love that.
Although you don’t write typical CBA—your writing is intensely gritty and full of real-life heartache and struggles—Scripture seems to be a huge influence for you. Do you have a verse that inspires your writing?
- That’s easy. My life verse. Isaiah 41:10 (NKJV): Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us today, Amy! Before we go, what’s one weird or quirky thing others may not know about you?
- Okay, confession. I have this thing about the packets you get with takeout orders that have utensils, napkins, and maybe salt and pepper or a hand wipe in them. I save them. In my kitchen, I actually have a drawer filled with them. Don’t ask. I have no idea other than it seems wasteful to pitch them, and hey, they may come in handy someday!
You never know, right? We hear you have some exciting news about your book’s cover? Maybe even a release date?
- Hmmm…maybe you’ll have to go to my website (AmyBrockMcNew.com) on March 31st to find out.😉
Thank you again, Amy. We cannot wait until March 31st!
We hope you have enjoyed this peek into the lives of our authors. Sign up to receive more author news, new releases, and updates.
~The L2L2 Publishing Team